3 reasons why we love Michelle so much

Thursday, May 27, 2010


Her beauty.
We all know she's beautiful, but so are a lot of people. Did you know that 8 out of 10 Pfans are girls? Why does she appeal more to girls than guys? I think it’s probably because she’s different, yet close to us ordinary girls. Even though people like to deny it, everyone cares about looks. You’ll always judge someone, even if only slightly, by appearance. I think that her beauty is different than ordinary, like refined beauty. She certainly isn’t perfect, her nose is crooked, her lips are lopsided, but I think all those things make her to what she truly is: a gorgeous woman. I just hope that she’ll never do plastic surgery, because it could ruin her beauty. I mean, sure she has a few wrinkles, but she’s 52! She deserves to have some. And I think that wrinkles give a person personality, instead of a smooth, cold face that can’t even show expression.
Also, she has this quality that makes you happy that she's so beautiful. We all look at Giselle or Jennifer sometimes and wish that they got fat. but no one could ever think that way about Michelle. She's deserving of her beauty.


Her talent.Michelle’s a great actress, we all think so (why in the world would you else be here?) but it’s not just her talent that makes her so great for us, it’s her choice in roles. Her roles are always interesting and well chosen. She doesn’t go for the most popular role, she goes for the role that sends a message, the role that speaks to her.Michelle’s known for turning down some great parts. But I respect the reasons for turning down those roles. ‘Basic instinct’ for example could’ve gotten her great success. But she chose to turn it down because of the rough sex-scenes. She was uncomfortable with that and wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself. I think that’s pretty deserving of my respect. She picks great roles, but she doesn’t choose them because she thinks they will win her awards and prices. She chooses them because they speak to her. ‘Sleepless in Seattle’ is a wonderful movie, but I honestly couldn’t see Michelle as the lead-role. Instead of that, she did ‘The age of innocence’. And isn’t that a beautiful movie? One of my favorites. She stays true to herself and that’s something I’ll always admire. Her roles differ very much from each other, but they all have one thing in common: they all spoke to Michelle, even if it didn’t speak to the crowd or the critics.


Her humanity/humblenessShe’s a gorgeous, talented actress. But I wonder if she even knows that. She didn’t even know she had Pfans (ok, that could’ve been lack of interest, but still). She’s just an ordinary woman, who happens to be an incredible talented actress. She hates paparazzi and attention.
“I acts for free but demand a huge salary as compensation for all the annoyance of being a public personality.”
And don’t we all love her for that? She certainly is no Paris or Lindsey. She doesn’t sleep around, doesn’t party without her underwear. Not even in her younger years.
Another thing that makes her so great and human is her loyalty to her family. She’d pick her family over her career any day without thinking twice. Sure, it hurts to see her in only one film over two years, but don’t we just love her for loving her family so much? She chooses to be with them and doesn’t let nannies raise her kids.
And isn’t her life what we want later too? A strong marriage with a kid or two. I admire her so much for doing what she wants. She doesn’t feel pressure from the Hollywood-hype. She knows that she’s not on the A-list anymore, but she has something far more important than that. She has a family that she truly cares for and that is something I’ll always love her for.

All in all, Michelle’s herself. She’s a gorgeous, talented actress. But she’s also a wonderful mother. And that’s a perfect combination :)

7 comments:

Beatrice said...

Your post reminds me of something I wrote a year ago, when my Pfandom was just starting. It was also about her talent, beauty and humanity, but it was shorter. Ha,ha.

What I really like about her is the last reason. I had lots of other idols before her and my fandom to them didn't last long. I guess it's more than the physique and skill, it's the person inside.

chelsea313 said...

Yes, it's definitely about that. I've never been a fan of anyone, except Michelle. Ppl always used to yap to me about their idol, and I wouldn't get what all the fuss was about. I know now :p

Beatrice said...

Before I became dedicated to Michelle I was a sucker for Johnny Depp! (And all that pirate stuff. LOL)
When I was younger I was crazy for Mary-Kate Olsen. I went insane collecting their book series. Now I have more than 80 pieces of those kept in a box. I haven't touched them for years. Ha,ha

chelsea said...

Haha, don't let that happen to your Michelle-stuff!

Peacexlovexhappiness said...

You better not let that happen to your Michelle stuff!! lol
But seriously!
Only THREE reasons??!! lol

chelsea said...

Haha, sure there are more, but these are the main reasons

Peacexlovexhappiness said...

haha I'm pretty sure anyone on Pfeiffertheface would have a similar reaction lol

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.