What's wrong with my generation?

Friday, June 4, 2010

These days, everyone loves ‘stars’ like Miley Cyrus, Kristen Stewart and Jonas brothers. Well, when I say people, I mean the younger generation. It’s like they don’t appreciate fine talent. The really talented people are a little older, but how can you miss them and be fan of one of the above? It just amazes me how naïve my generation is. I’ve been told I don’t act my age when it comes to movies and music, and even my mom jokes that I was born too late, but if belonging to this generation means that I have to start listening to those Disney-stars, then to hell with that! Those ‘stars’ aren’t even famous for being talented. I mean, no one can think that Miley Cyrus is a good actress right? I mean, have you seen her series?! Another example: the Kardashian sisters: famous for their sex tapes. Paris Hilton: famous for doing absolutely nothing. Heidi Montag: famous for her enormous amount of plastic surgeries. Whatever happened to being actually famous for your talent??

Have you heard the music on the radio these days? It’s like there are only 3 subjects to sing/rap/yell about: Money, sex and drugs. It just saddens me that people actually like that crap! Whatever happened to the 70s/80s?!

And what’s up with that vampire-hype? Twilight, True blood, Vampire Diaries, and tons of vampire films. Seriously, what’s so great about it? I mean if some of these series were well made, I’d shut my mouth, but they all suck! Especially Twilight. Will someone tell me what the deal with that is? I admit, I read the book before the hype, and I quite enjoyed it. The books are far from bad, but those movies?! Bad actors, bad setting, bad script, it’s just bad, Bad, BAD! I’m sorry if I’m offending any fans that are reading this, but I really have to load it off. I remember seeing it for the first time (I was actually excited, because I liked the books) and afterwards thinking W.T.F?!

Anyway, enough about that. It’s like all the talented people are getting older and more and more Mileys are coming into showbiz. In a few decades all the Michelles, Megs and Meryls will be long gone, and we’ll be left in this world without good actors! It makes me sick in my stomach. Think about it: all the talents are much older than all the Mileys. I seriously hope there’ll be coming more good actors. And you can’t tell me that Kristin Stewart will grow up to be the new Julianne Moore, because you’re out of your mind if you believe that!

But you know what? Even though there aren’t thousands of Pfans, the ones that are, are true-hearted, dedicated Pfans forever. The fact that there are so few, only makes our Pfandom that much more special! And I wouldn’t want it any other way :)

p.s. I know that the pic is totally out of the blue and doesn't fit this post, but I like this pic so much and I refuse to put pics of those Disney-people on my blog!

p.p.s. Sorry this was such a negative post, I promise that the next one will be more positive :)

12 comments:

chelsea313 said...

Thx :)
I know what you mean. I say 'Michelle Pfeiffer', my friends say 'Wha?' Such a huge shame, especially considering that they all know every detail of Twilight's cast!

Peacexlovexhappiness said...

I KNOW!! I would rather the Mp generation..Actually no I don't. It's nice, us being Junior Pfans! We're like..carrying the torch..and making sure she lives on in future generations..Hey!! We've got a purpose in life!!! -High five-

chelsea313 said...

Oh my god you're right! *high five* Finally, I've found the meaning of life! Michelle needs us!!

Peacexlovexhappiness said...

haha And who could ask for a better reason to be alive?!!

chelsea313 said...

Exactly, I feel like I've just started living! :p

Peacexlovexhappiness said...

Haha ME TOO!! Now I can wake up each day, knowing I was put on this Earth for something very important.

Beatrice said...

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU GUYS HAVE SAID!!!

@ C: I so love this post! :-)

chelsea313 said...

Thx B!

Peacexlovexhappiness said...

Thx!! Now you have a purpose in life too!!!!!!!!

Paul S said...

Great post, you're maturity outweighs your years pfan313.

chelsea313 said...

Thank you Mr. Pfeiffer. :p

MP's long lost twin said...

My God, you just summed up my everyday thoughts about these so-called "stars" in, like, a thousand words. Genius.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.