Anne Hathaway and James Franco host Oscars 2011

Monday, February 7, 2011

It has been announced (a while ago) that James Franco and Anne Hathaway will host the 83rd Academy Awards. When I first heard the news, I kinda crinched up my nose. Being a fan of older Hollywood, I had hoped some classic inhabitant of Hollywood would sign up. Or even someone recurring who has done a great job before; John Stewart, Steve Martin or Jane Fonda. But no, the young generation of Hollywood had to ruin it all! LOL, I'm being overdramatic. I'm not ecstatic about the hosts, but it definitely could've been worse. It's not like the Twilight cast will be up there (just the thought of it...).
I do think it's a peculiar choice, Franco and Hathaway having no former connection whatsoever. I guess Franco's latest success with "127 hours" has done him good. And Anne being the new Catwoman supposedly made her an appropriate choice. Come to think of it, this will give me a good oppertunity to observe the Catwoman heiress a little.
Though neither of them has the gift of humor, they both imply a certain charm and wit. They'll probably do fine as long as they don't use too much (forced) jokes. Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Here's a promo featuring the two hosts:

video

4 comments:

Paul S said...

I can understand your feelings about Anne and James as presenters Chelsea but surely they're preferable to Ricky Gervais!

Sammy V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sammy V said...

I think Franco and Hathaway are going to be huge in the years to come.

Franco was spectacular in 127 Hours, Milk and Howl (even though Howl was a little slow), and Hathaway was great in Devil Wears Prada and Love and Other Drugs (even though the movie was so-so).

Chelsea said...

@ Paul: I absolutely loathed him at the ceremony, but I have to admit his comment regarding Michelle made me smile

@ Sammy: Franco definitely. Anne? Thet depends on her performance as Catwoman. It could either terminate her career or boast it.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.