Last predictions 83th Oscars

Sunday, February 27, 2011


Here follow my final predictions for the Oscars tonight (major categories only). I've underlined the ones I believe will win (doesn't mean I always like it though).
Visual Effects
  • “Alice in Wonderland”
  • “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1”
  • “Hereafter”
  • “Inception”
  • “Iron Man 2”
Writing (Adapted Screenplay)
  • “127 Hours”
  • “The Social Network”
  • “Toy Story 3”
  • “True Grit”
  • “Winter's Bone”
Writing (Original Screenplay)
  • “Another Year”
  • “The Fighter”
  • “Inception”
  • “The Kids Are All Right”
  • “The King's Speech”
Music (Original Score)
  • “How to Train Your Dragon”
  • “Inception”
  • “The King's Speech”
  • “127 Hours”
  • “The Social Network”
Music (Original Song)
  • “Coming Home” from “Country Strong”
  • “I See the Light” from “Tangled”
  • “If I Rise” from “127 Hours”
  • “We Belong Together” from “Toy Story 3"
Actor in a Supporting Role
  • Christian Bale in “The Fighter”
  • John Hawkes in “Winter's Bone”
  • Jeremy Renner in “The Town”
  • Mark Ruffalo in “The Kids Are All Right”
  • Geoffrey Rush in “The King's Speech”
Bale has to win this one; simple as that.
Actress in a Supporting Role
  • Amy Adams in “The Fighter”
  • Helena Bonham Carter in “The King's Speech”
  • Melissa Leo in “The Fighter”
  • Hailee Steinfeld in “True Grit”
  • Jacki Weaver in “Animal Kingdom”
This one’s a little tougher. Melissa Leo was the Golden Globe favorite, but we all know that that surely doesn’t mean the Academy agrees. It could be her, or it could be co-star Adams. Steinfeld impressed me, especially considering her age, but I don’t think her chances are big. I have a soft spot for Helena, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for her.
Directing
  • “Black Swan” Darren Aronofsky
  • “The Fighter” David O. Russell
  • “The King's Speech” Tom Hooper
  • “The Social Network” David Fincher
  • “True Grit” Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
I’m still appalled that Christopher Nolan didn’t get nominated, it’s just wrong! It’ll run close between Aronofsky and Fincher, but I think Fincher will have the last laugh. He does deserve it, as long as he won’t get Best Picture!
Actor in a Leading Role
  • Javier Bardem in “Biutiful”
  • Jeff Bridges in “True Grit”
  • Jesse Eisenberg in “The Social Network”
  • Colin Firth in “The King's Speech”
  • James Franco in “127 Hours”
I’m 99% sure that Colin Firth will win. How could he not? Eisenberg is overrated and even though Jeff and James were splendid, this year’s Best Actor has Firth written all over it. Ok, I admit I haven’t seen Bardem’s performance, but he was only nominated because Julia Roberts threatened the Academy. 
Actress in a Leading Role
  • Annette Bening in “The Kids Are All Right”
  • Nicole Kidman in “Rabbit Hole”
  • Jennifer Lawrence in “Winter's Bone”
  • Natalie Portman in “Black Swan”
  • Michelle Williams in “Blue Valentine”
Again, Natalie Portman has this one locked down.
Best Picture
  • “Black Swan”
  • “The Fighter”
  • “Inception”
  • “The Kids Are All Right”
  • “The King's Speech”
  • “127 Hours”
  • “The Social Network”
  • “Toy Story 3”
  • “True Grit”
  • “Winter's Bone"
I know “The social Network” is the front-runner in this category, but I sincerely hope they won’t win. I stand firm with my opinion about that movie being overrated. I still think “The King’s Speech” has a good chance of beating them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.