Movies of 1993...

Friday, March 11, 2011

I so long for writing on my blog, but school makes it practically impossible to write as much as I'd like. I graduate in July, so I still have 4 more study-packed months to go.
Anyway, I've come up with a solution how to post at least a little. Every week I'll watch one or multiple (depending on schoolwork) movies from 1993. I'll then post a review on it; may it be a long, extensive one or a short and sweet recap.
Why 1993? Cause that's the year I was born in, silly :p
This project will allow me to watch movies and write reviews without losing time overthinking which movie to review. It also gives me the ability to watch movies, I normally wouldn't turn to.
Of course it's not realistic to think I'll watch ALL movies made in 1993, but we've got plenty of time :)

A sneak peek at a few 1993 movies I'll surely review:
* The Age of Innocence (finally!)
* Schindler's List
* Indecent Proposal
* The Piano
* Philadelphia
* My life
* Kalifornia
* In the Line of Fire
* Flesh and Bone (instantly thought of you Paul )
* The Firm

Of course there'll be lots more, but we'll see how that turns out.
For now I have to get back to my studies, but I'll start 'Project 1993' shortly :)

6 comments:

Jack L said...

You're born in '93?! that means you are are older than me despite us being both 17... for I was born in 94.

Anyway, that's an interesting project, I look forward to reading those reviews. I really like films from the 90's, they rival the 70's for best decade in US films, in my opinion.

The Age of Innocence was a very good film, I was surprised by how much I liked it, I would be interested to read your thoughts on it as it's a pretty overlooked film.

Paul S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lesya Khyzhnyak said...

Wonderful idea! Can't wait for your The Age of Innocence and Schindler's List reviews.

Chelsea said...

Thanks guys :)
@ Jack: Yeah, I think the 90s were the best decade in film. Too bad they're gone...

laptop831 said...

Im excited for all of these!
Im so excited, this year in english we're studying the age of innocence!! I get to look at MP stuff both at home, AND at school =D

allliesleadtothetruth said...

Manhattan Murder Mystery and Madadayo are also good 1993 films. Other than Schindler's List I haven't seen any of those movies but really want/need to see Philadelphia and The Piano and maybe Age of Innocence.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.