My 10 Best Actresses (2/10)

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

#9
"Famous is celebrityism and I don't want that. I know that I'm not that. Everybody knows who you are, I can't imagine living that life."
-Robin Wright



Favorite film: Forrest Gump

Best Performance: Moll Flanders

Status: After her breakthrough film "The Princess Bride", Robin Wright stepped on a few small roles before landing the part of Jenny in "Forrest Gump". Even though she was nominated for a Golden Globe, Wright was never really big news. With a few exceptions, down to today, she always seems to be in the supporting chair.

Future Projects: She actually has some pretty nice movies coming up later this year. "Moneyball" with Brad Pitt and David Fincher's "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo".

Why Robin?
Though she's not one of the biggest stars and I don't agree with many of her film choices, she has a certain charm and humanity about her. I recall watching her in "Message in a Bottle" and being amazed at her natural character. I got the idea that she's really like that in real life, which I think is quite extraordinary. She acts without acting and therefore always allures me whenever she's on-screen. I also would never underestimate the power of the supporting actress. She's done the sweet, indulging one (The Princess Bride) and the psycho, suspicious one (White Oleander). And the few lead roles she's done, "Moll Flanders" for example, though practically unknown, are really something else.

4 comments:

Paul S said...

I was really impressed by Robin Wright when I watched her in an ensemble film called Hurlyburly recently. Even though the cast included such luminaries as Sean Penn, Kevin Spacey and Chazz Palminteri it was Robyn and the other two actresses who appeared in cameo roles that demanded my attention.
I'd choose Forest Gump as my favourite of her films although off the top of my head I'd struggle to name her best performance mainly because she's good in every role she plays.
Interesting choices so far Chelsea, that's 2 down 8 to go!

Lesya Khyzhnyak said...

I haven't seen her in many films, but I surely like her. In Forrest Gump, she is great just like the rest of the cast. I need to check out Moll Flanders now, thanks for mentioning it.

PS I love the way you constructed these posts about actresses.

Chelsea said...

@ Paul: Should've known you had watched Hurlyburly :p I agree, they completely held their own. She's a great supporting actress especially fo that reason.

@ Lesya: Thank you :) Moll Flanders is an unconventional but ultimately beautiful film. I hope you'll like it.

theyellowbrickroad02 said...

I havent seen many of her films either but I did enjoy her in Forrest Gump

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.