My 10 Best Actresses (4/10)

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

#7
"Clearly romantic comedy is my franchise genre, I don't mind saying that, it's true. I love doing them and hopefully always will do them. I don't feel particularly typecast because I think I do so many different kinds of things. Whether they're seen or not is another issue."
-Meg Ryan


Favorite Movie: When a Man Loves a Woman

Best Performance: Addicted to Love

Status: Let’s not beat around the bush; Meg is a has-been. Her last three movies were ‘My Mom’s New Boyfriend’, ‘The Women’ and ‘Serious Moonlight’. Never heard of these? My point exactly. Though I have to admit I have a weird love for ‘The Women’, I can’t say she has done anything good lately. I just don’t understand what happened to her career. One day she’s the Queen of rom-coms, the next she’s out of the picture. But nonetheless she had some pretty successful years as America’s Sweetheart with greats such as ‘When Harry met Sally’, ‘Sleepless in Seattle’ and ‘You’ve got Mail’.

Future Projects: IMDB lists two dramas named ‘Long Time Gone’ and ‘Lives of the Saints’. Though I have nothing against her dramatic performances per se, I really prefer seeing her in comedies. It just suits her. She’s also about to make her directorial debut with a drama called ‘Into the Beautiful’. I’m actually pretty curious as to how she’ll perform as a director. There are basically no details on the project but I have my hopes high.

Why Meg?
Because she’s just so Meg Ryan! Whilst the rom-com genre is going through a pathetic period right now, we’ll always have Meg Ryan movies. It’s no secret that I’m no fan of comedies, but her movies, and more importantly, her characters always make me beg to differ. Movies aren't like life; we can always go back and rewatch the ones we've already seen. She never fails to put a smile on my face.

1 comments:

Paul S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.