My 10 Best Actresses (5/10)

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

# 6

"Of course one worries about getting older--we're all fearful of death, let's not kid ourselves. I'm simply not panicking as my laugh lines grow deeper. Who wants a face with no history, no sense of humor?"
-Cate Blanchett


Favorite movie: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button/Notes on a Scandal

Best Performance: Elizabeth

Status: Even though she starred in several movies beforehand, Elizabeth gained her worldwide acknowledgement. And for good reason! From then on she starred in many big productions such as 'The Talented Mr Ripley', 'Babel' Tin' and 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy. More recently, she starred in 'Robin Hood' and 'Hanna'. She is one of Hollywood's finest actresses today and I'm sure that will remain so for a long period of time.

Future Projects: IMDB lists 'The Hobbit', also known as the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I hope she'll do more period drama in the future, maybe even more royalty...

Why Cate?
She's just so great, I don't know where to start! I first saw her in 'Babel' which was obviously a pretty intense role. That's what drew me to her instantly; her intensity. I looked up more of her films and saw 'The Aviator', 'Elizabeth' and 'The Shipping News'. What really came to my attention is despite her amazing dramatic abilities, she always made it look so natural, like it wasn't even acting. Then one day, I saw 'Bandits' on TV. When I realized it was a comedy, I thought "no way can she pull this off! It's not possible to be so great at drama, and to master comedy also!" Well, I was wrong! After it was finished I didn't know what side to love most. Her comedic performance was so charismatic and again it all flowed so naturally. And I love her unconventional beauty, which is the best beauty there is. I sincerely cannot grow tired of watching her. She always finds a way to surprise me once more.

1 comments:

Paul S said...

I really enjoyed this post Chelsea and your passion for all things Blanchett certainly shines through.
You're now halfway through your ten best actresses and I reckon I've got three of your final five nailed down, but the other two have got me thinking.
I'll guess just have to wait for you to enlighten me:)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.