Why I hate the cinemas in my country..

Friday, July 1, 2011

While every movie-lover has seen, loved and reviewed 'The Tree of Life', it's not unlikely that I won't see it on the big screen, ever! From the first time (and the 2nd and 3rd and 729th) I couldn't wait for the day it would hit the theaters. For my main reasons click here.
Since the cinemas here only show the big Hollywood pictures, I seriously doubted whether 'The Tree of Life' would make it. May 27th arrived (maybe they're just a bit late), June 3rd passed (maybe they're just a little later), May 10th passed (maybe they're really late). I checked the schedule again on May 24th but no luck again. I call the office, suggest, plead, beg even, but they've never even heard of the movie -_-
Daily I check the torrent sites, but it's taking its sweet time to appear on the illegal side of movie-watching. Maybe they'll still show it in theaters when I move to Europe in 3 weeks. Wishful thinking, it's all I have left.
My fellow bloggers have been oh so positive about this movie and the majority seems to think it'll be a big hit at next year's Acadmey Awards. It's so strange, without even having seen this movie I already know I'll love it. It may take some time until I finally see it, but I know it'll be worth the wait!

3 comments:

Lesya Khyzhnyak said...

Sorry to hear that you don't have an opportunity to watch it now.

Chelsea said...

I read your review and like many others you were moved by it. This caused my expectations and impatience to rise even further. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Europe!

Paul S said...

Even though the cinema in the town where I live has long since been converted into a nightclub I'm lucky that I'm only 20 minutes away from Manchester so I've always got plenty of choice if a new release takes my fancy.
Good luck with your move:)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.