Pfeiffer Love

Saturday, January 14, 2012

I was thinking, it has been a long time since I've done a Pfeiffer post. That is how I started my blogging days, you know: nothing but Pfeiffer posts. So here's some Pfeiffer-stuff that has been on my mind.
.
What she's been up to:
.
A lot actually. 2011 has been a busy year for her, adding three additions to her filmography. 

The first one of them, New Year's Eve, was released last year. I wasn't that excited about that one, mainly because:
1. It's an ensemble movie, so not a lot of screen-time
2. She'd be sharing her scenes with Zac Efron
3. Gary Marshall decided to make her plain-looking
4. Valentine's Day sucked.
In the end it all turned out fine. I mean I knew from the get-go I wouldn't be 100% happy so my expectations weren't high. But:
1. She had a lot of screen-time compared to the others (I think only Hilary Swank had more scenes)
2. They ended up being kind of cute together
3. It was all for the part, proving how willing she is to make it work. And she looked great anyway
4. NYE turned out to  be so much better than VD! Although many disagree, I walked out of the cinema with a smile on my face while after watching VD, I kept asking myself over and over again why anyone would make such a movie. 
So even though it wasn't a cinematic masterpiece, New Year's Eve is a fun movie for the holidays and it certainly exceeded my expectations. 
.
The second Pfilm completed is playing hard to get at the moment. Welcome To People, also starring Chris Pine, Olivia Wilde and Elizabeth Banks, still doesn't have a release date. Also no pictures or any of the sort. In July, 2011, director Alex Kurtzman said: 
"It’s a different kind of movie in that it’s a family drama/comedy.  I don’t think there is going to be an image like in Cowboys & Alienswhere everyone is like, “What is the alien going to look like?  It’s not that kind of movie.  I’m in the process of figuring that out with the studio.  I’m literally a month away from finishing post."
Which essentially means that the movie has been ready for release for almost 6 months now... Michelle's part sounds very interesting and meaty. I did some snooping and people who have read the script are impressed by Lilian's (character's name) part. Apparently she has some very intense, engaging scenes in which she cries, shouts, slaps and gets stoned (!) Although her part is small, it's a significant one. I had secretly hoped that the movie would be released in time for  Award Season, granting Michelle a chance at her long overdue Oscar (I know I haven't seen the film, but I just have a feeling). Oh well, that was all just wishful thinking. I guess WTP will come out of hiding when it's ready ;)
.
And the third and highly anticipated (at least by me) Pfilm is Dark Shadows. As opposed to WTP, this one is a big-budget production featuring names such as Tim Burton, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter and upcoming actress Chloe Moretz. It's an adaptation of the 1966 soap opera and tells the story of Barnabas Collins, a man who is turned into a vampire by his witch girlfriend, and his family. Michelle is Elizabeth Stoddard Collins, the matriarch of the family. So far, a few pictures have emerged. The first one featured the entire cast:

The second is an on-set picture with director Tim Burton and co-star Jonny Lee Miller:

And just this week, a third photo emerged.


Just by looking at these pictures, you can tell that DS will be classic Burton: unusual, dark and a little bit odd. He has commented on the issue himself, stating:
"It's got such a strange vibe. And it's not something that a lot of people necessarily know. You're trying to do a weird soap opera. I felt really lucky, because the cast is really good. People like Michelle [Pfeiffer] grew up watching it. Some of the cast knew about it. Some didn't, but they were all game for it — getting into the weird spirit of what "Dark Shadows" was. It has a weird sense of heightened melodrama. It was hard to put into words the tone it was. It had a weird seriousness, but it was funny in a way that wasn't really funny. We just had to feel our way through it to find the tone." 
Yes, it's definitely going to be interesting!
.
All right, now let's have a look at her appearances this year :D
First she showed up at the Golden Globes in January. Thinking back, that moment was so amazing for Pfans all over the world.. 

Then there was the awesome appearance at Elle's Annual Women in Hollywood Tribute. One of my favorite looks on her.


She also had an interview in the magazine, featuring this pic:


Early December she spoke at the Trevor Project.
(isn't it cute how little Zac worships her? :p)
.
And then there was a whole lot of NYE publicity which I found to be one of the main perks of Michelle doing the movie; interviews and pictures and talk shows and red carpets, loved it!


Premiere, California:
Seriously how does she do it? Her body is so slim! As an 18-year old, I wish I had the body of 53 year-old Michelle Pfeiffer!

Oh, and I thought it was so cute that she and hubby, David Kelley, had a little PDA moment :)

And of course, Zac was by her side
(staring at Michelle all night long ;))


Premiere, New York:



The Today Show in New York:
.
Zac: 
trying not to blink..

...not being able to keep his hands to himself..

 ...looking exceptionally bland next to Michelle who is nothing but regal in this pic.
.
But seriously, she looks so great. And not "for her age" but for all ages!
There were also a lot of little interviews all over youtube. I really like this (although terribly filmed) video where she briefly speaks about her mother. And this one made me smile with glee. In the last 30 seconds of the interview she says that now her children are older, she'll probably work more since she loves it and "retirement sounds really boring". :D :D
Just those sentences made my whole week!

Being a Pfan for nearly three years now, I still cannot get enough! With every picture, interview and new fact about La Pfeiffer, I just shriek of excitement. I'm hoping she'll start a new project very soon. Some great film with her in the main role. I'm game for anything really, just keep 'em coming! 

<3

3 comments:

Paul S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea said...

Thanks for your comment Paul :)
Yes, I've always considered being a Pfan as something special. It says a lot about a person when they're a fan of someone like her so I'm very grateful to know a few of those wonderful people. I will definitely keep posting Pfeiffer posts since they're my favorite ones to write.

I saw Michelle for the first time in Grease 2 and she immediately caught my eye. That movie being one of the first, she has only gotten better and better and I can't even think about the day when she'll stop working...
But for now, we get to highly anticipate two upcoming Pfilms :)

Lots of love

P.S. Most definitely ;)

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.